Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Houseisms



Once again, our moral lesson comes from that spring of truth: the television. Try out these quotes from 'House'.

"Like I always say, there's no ‘I' in team. There's a ‘me,' though, if you jumble it up."

"I always say if you're going to get shot, do it in a hospital."

And finally, House makes the point that all of us know is true...
"Dying people lie too. Wish they'd worked less, been nicer, opened orphanages for kittens. If you really want to do something, you do it. You don't save it for a sound bite."


The fact is that most people are too lazy to make anything of themselves. Everyone likes to say, "I wish I could do math like that guy" or "I wish I could be more spiritual, beautiful, funny... [you fill in the blanks]". But the fact is that most people do not really want what they say they want. If they did, they would go out and do it instead of whining about it.



"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not obtained by sudden flight. But they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night."

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great article! We are linking to this great article on our
website. Keep up the good writing.

Look into my weblog :: medical negligence solicitors